Our essential oils starter set gives you the basics you’ll need to get started using essential oils. Essential oils have been used for thousands of years to help with physical and emotional issues. Some essential oils have benefits as natural cleaners around the home. All essential oils are derived from plant based sources. The essential oils you’ll receive in this set are as follows:
- Lemon Essential Oil: Lemon essential oil has traditionally been used as a cleanser. It is known for having antiseptic, as well as having refreshing and cooling properties. When used on the skin it is used for its cleansing effects as well as treating cuts and boils.
- Orange Essential Oil: Orange essential oil has antisceptic properties and can also improve dull skin.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil is a highly versatile essential oil which has many uses. Lavender essential oil besides smelling great is most often associated with healing burns and the skin. Lavender besides being associated with relieving pain also carries many antiseptic properties that can help prevent infections. Lavender is also known for its ability to help reduce scaring and promote rapid healing. As an aromatherapy agent lavender essential oil is known to have calming properties that help reduce anxiety, stress and promote healthy sleep.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil: Eucalyptus essential oil has many health benefits. At Maple Hill Naturals we use Eucalyptus essential oil for its germicidal properties that make it a natural antiseptic for various types of wounds. Eucalyptus essential oil is safe to apply to open wounds, bug bites, stings, burns, abrasions and sores. It also works well as a topical pain killer to help soothe the skin or wounds.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil: Tea Tree essential oil is used for skin and hair to help treat acne, oily skin, head lice and dandruff.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Peppermint essential oil has many health benefits among them are its ability to help open air passages and aiding with headache relief. Peppermint essential oil is great at preventing both lice and dandruff when used as a shampoo, while providing a tingly cooling sensation to the scalp. The benefits include the promotion of hair growth along with balancing PH levels to promote healthy and shiny hair. When used as a skin care product peppermint essential oil decreases the production of oil, which can give you clearer skin.
*Please be careful when using essential oils. Essential oils are highly concentrated and can cause skin irritations if used inappropriately. Essential oils should not be used as a replacement to any prescribed medications. Please use a quality carrier oil and mix a small amount of essential oils in it for application to the skin. As always please consult a physician before using essential oils or if you have medical related questions.