If you’re like us the microwave is one of the most popular appliances in your home. Because of this, it’s probably the one that’s in need of constant cleaning. Many companies market cleaners and specialty chemicals to do the job of brightening this everyday work horse for you. However, you probably have everything you need, right now in your kitchen, to deep clean and freshen your microwave without the chemicals and without all the tough scrubbing.
If you have some of the following everyday household items you have what it takes to clean your microwave quickly and safely:
- Baking Soda
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Damp Cloth
- Large measuring cup (Pyrex Type)
- Microwave Safe Bowl
We will break down cleaning your microwave into two categories with vinegar and with baking soda. Pretty much if you have either of these two everyday kitchen items you're on your way to a clean microwave.
- The simple measuring cup or bowl method:
- Add 1 cup of Water and 1 cup of Vinegar in a glass (Pyrex) cup or microwave safe bowl.
- microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- remove cup or bowl from microwave
- wipe down interior of microwave with a damp cloth or sponge and your done.
- Use the warm mixture to wipe down other dirty surfaces in the kitchen.
- Lemon fresh method:
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of vinegar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cut one large lemon or two small lemons into slices.
- Place lemon slices into bowl of water and vinegar.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes.
- Wipe down the interior of microwave with a damp cloth or sponge and your done.
- Save the warm lemon vinegar mixture to wipe down other dirty kitchen surfaces.
- Lemon Essential Oil method:
- In a small microwave safe plate or dish place 2 Tbsp of water
- Add 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- Microwave on high for 1 minute
- Open and place sponge on plate to absorb the remaining water.
- Use the Sponge to wipe down the inside and outside of your microwave.
Using Baking Soda:
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda and 2 cups of water in a bowl
- Mix well and place in microwave
- Microwave on High for 6 minutes
- Wipe interior of microwave down with a damp cloth.
As you can see with just a few simple household items you can safely and effectively clean your microwave with little to no effort. If you have cleaning tips you would like to share or you have used any of these methods to clean your microwave, please let us know in the comments.
I love these ideas. Please email me any information on using natural resources for cleaning my home or even body care ie. feet hair, carpets… Thank you.